Green Certified Restaurant
The Green Restaurant Association (GRA) is a national non-profit organization committed to promoting sustainability in the restaurant industry. Since 1990, the GRA has worked with thousands of restaurants to help them reduce their environmental impact and promote Green Dining to consumers nationwide.
To become Certified Green Restaurants, Ballo had to meet a rigorous system of transparent, science-based standards, including the following click for more...
Click for more...
- ELIMINATE HARMFUL MATERIALS
- WASTE REDUCTION & RECYCLING
- RECYCLING TO THE MAXIMUM
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- CHEMICALS & POLLUTION REDUCTION
- WATER EFFICIENCY
- SUSTAINABLE FURNISHINGS & BUILDING MATERIALS
By meeting these standards, Ballo has significantly lowered its environmental impact and has become a model of sustainability in the restaurant industry. Ballo is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant, having earned 186.71 points and completed 44 steps. Ballo is the first and only Certified Green Restaurant located in a casino east of the Mississippi.
Here are some of the changes Ballo has made:
- LOW-FLOW FAUCET AERATORS
- HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY SPRAY VALVES IN KITCHENS
- TAP FILTRATION SYSTEM & RECYCLED GLASS BOTTLES
- RECYCLING & COMPOSTING
- GREEN SEAL CERTIFIED SOAPS & NON TOXIC CHEMICALS
- POST CONSUMER RECYCLED MENUS & TOWELS
- LOCALLY SOURCED PRODUCE & PROTEINS
- POST CONSUMER RECYCLED PAPER THROUGHOUT